For years, rescue personnel have used wood to crib, block or stabilize equipment, products or vehicles. Most of the cribbing used is wood, however wood comes with knots, impurities and are absorbent and are easily cracked, split or damaged.
Plastic cribbing has no knots and does not split, crack or splinter. It does not absorb blood, oil or most chemicals and is slip-resistant.
Plastic vs. Wood Cribbing Analysis
- For use by Fire, Rescue and EMS Personnel in an USAR situation.
- Increase the safety for victims and rescue workers alike.
- Dura Crib chocks, wedges and blocks are more durable, safer, cleaner and lighter than their wooden counterparts.
- Unmatched strength – stronger than oak!
- 100% recycled plastic construction for added durability
- Resistant to gas, oil, chemicals and even blood!
- 50 Year warranty against splitting, rotting, absorption, termites and mold.
- Color: Black (yellow is available at a 25% increase in cost)
- 6 lbs.
- Hybrid cribbing includes 2 surfaces in 1 crib. Pyramid and Lincoln Log styles.
- Three side notches interlock for secure stacking.
- Size: 4″ x 4″ x 18″
Multiple sizes and styles are available in hybrid, lincoln log or pyramid cribs.